External Wall Insulation
Fully Accredited EWI Installers In South East England
ProGuard Exteriors Ltd are fully accredited EWI installers providing bespoke external wall insulation packages for homeowners, developers and businesses across South East England. We are EWI Pro Recommended Installers, Trustmark Endorsed and offer free guarantees of up to 25 years.
External wall insulation (EWI) is a method used to insulate the exterior walls of a building to improve thermal performance, reduce heat loss, decrease energy consumption and lower heating bills. External insulation is most suitable for older properties without a cavity or those with a solid wall construction.
Our external wall insulation systems can be finished with a lightweight monocouche or silicone render. Our rendering contractors only use top quality materials and techniques to apply the exterior insulation and render so you can be confident to receive an efficient installation with minimal disruption to daily life.
If you have a property across South East England that requires external wall insulation, then please contact our team to request a free EWI quote today!
Looking For An External Wall Insulation Installer? Get A Free Quote!
Is External Wall Insulation A Good Investment?
A staggering 35% of heat is lost through the walls on an uninsulated property which causes freezing walls and cold rooms. People try to fix this problem by turning their heating up to full which costs a massive amount of money. When you heat up a house that has solid walls and no cavity the warm air hits the freezing walls creating condensation. This moisture builds up due to the constant cooling and heating producing mould and damp. Our exterior solid wall insulation solves this problem!
External Wall Insulation Benefits
Enhanced Property Value
An insulated and well maintained exterior adds a significant amount of value to your property due to a higher EPC rating.
Improved Energy Efficiency
Our external wall insulation systems significantly reduce heat loss, leading to lower energy bills and a more comfortable home.
Save Money On Heating Bills
Our exterior wall insulation prevents freezing walls and cold rooms which means you can spend less money on heating your property.
Bad Weather & Damp Protection
Our EWI systems are finished with top quality render which protects your home from damp, mould and weather related issues.
Our External Wall Insulation Systems
Our external wall insulation installation specialists are fully insured, accredited and have over 20 years of experience. We create bespoke residential and commercial EWI packages for homeowners, developers and businesses across South East England. Our primary goal is to offer a variety of external insulation and rendering services to cater to the diverse needs of our clients.
EWI Installation Process:
- Erecting scaffolding to give access to areas requiring EWI.
- Protect the windows and other exterior fixtures.
- Prepare the areas of application and fit EPS boards, mineral wool or phenolic foam.
- Apply the base coat and mesh to the system.
- Finish off with the render of your choice (see options below).
- Clean, dispose leftover waste and dismantle scaffold.
Types Of External Wall Insulation
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) – EPS is a lightweight, rigid foam material that offers excellent thermal insulation properties. It is moisture-resistant, cost-effective, and easy to install. EPS is suitable for most properties, making it a popular choice for external wall insulation.
- Mineral Wool – Made from natural rock or recycled materials, mineral wool provides good thermal and acoustic insulation. It is also fire-resistant and breathable, allowing moisture to escape from the building. This material is an eco-friendly option that works well in a variety of situations.
- Phenolic Foam – Phenolic foam is a high-performance insulation material that offers superior thermal efficiency in a thin layer. It is also fire-resistant and moisture-resistant, making it an excellent choice for properties where space is limited or premium insulation is desired.
Types Of Rendering Finishes
- Monocouche Render – A modern, one-base coat render that comes pre-coloured and requires no painting. Monocouche render is low maintenance, breathable and offers a weather-resistant finish. It is available in various colours and textures, giving you the flexibility to achieve the desired aesthetic look for your home.
- Acrylic Render – Acrylic render is a flexible, water-resistant option that is premixed with acrylic resins. It can be applied to a variety of substrates and offers excellent adhesion. It is available in numerous colours and textures and is resistant to cracking, making it a popular choice for many homeowners.
- Silicone Render – Similar to acrylic render, silicone render is flexible, water-resistant, and breathable. However, silicone render offers additional benefits such as enhanced resistance to algae and mould growth, making it a low-maintenance and long-lasting choice for your property’s exterior.
Recent External Wall Insulation Projects
Why Choose ProGuard Exteriors Ltd?
External Wall Insulation Costs & FAQ's
Here at ProGuard Exteriors Ltd we strive to provide the most accurate and transparent quotations possible. It is difficult to provide as exact quote because there are so many variables that determine how much your exterior wall insulation system will cost. For example, certain types of insulation and render finishes are more expensive than others.
However, to give you a rough estimate a fully qualified and experienced EWI installer will charge between £150 – £250 per m2 including labour and materials. We strongly advise that you do not go for the lowest quote just because it is the cheapest. Many of the customers we visit have had a poorly installed EWI system which has resulted in us having to rip it off and start again!
If you are based in the South East of England and interested in exploring the possibility of EWI for your own property, then please contact us for a free quote today. Alternatively, click here to read our external wall insulation cost guide on our blog.
External wall insulation can be suitable for most types of buildings including houses, flats, and commercial properties. However, the suitability will depend on various factors, such as the type of wall construction, the condition of the walls, and the local planning regulations.
External wall insulation can last for up to 30 years or more, depending on the quality of the materials used, the installation method, and the maintenance carried out. Proper maintenance, such as regular cleaning and inspections, can help to extend the lifespan of the insulation.
External wall insulation can be designed to match the existing appearance of the property, or it can be used to give the building a fresh, updated look. There are various finishes available, such as textured or painted renders, brick slips, and timber cladding, which can be customized to suit your preferences.
Yes, installing external wall insulation can potentially increase the value of your property. This is primarily because such insulation improves the energy efficiency of a home, which is a strong selling point for many prospective buyers. Energy-efficient homes can lead to reduced utility costs, improved comfort levels, and lower environmental impact which are all desirable qualities. Please click here to read our full guide on this topic.
Looking For External Wall Insulation Installation Specialists In South East England?
ProGuard Exteriors Ltd is a highly recommended external insulation company providing bespoke packages for homeowners, developers and businesses across South East England.